Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

What are the correct session parameters for connecting to an ADX 1000?

Hi 

According to this article (http://community.brocade.com/t5/Design-Build/How-To-Connect-a-Console-Cable-to-Brocade-Hardware/ta-p/37039) there is an Ethernet console port on the ADX 1000 I am trying to setup, and it provides what looks like the correct baud rate.

The Ethernet ports I see on this device that are not part of the switch ports are three: one tagged Management, and two AUX ports stacked one atop the other.

Connecting to either of these ports returns either gibberish on the screen, or a question mark embedded in a diamond shape.

Are the 9600 8N1 session parameters correct?

I am using minicom on a Linux desktop, and I cann connect with these same settings to our ASA 5515-x and the resident 2960 switch without problems.

I hope someone can guide me to where my problem lies. 

Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Re: What are the correct session parameters for connecting to an ADX 1000?

[ Edited ]

Hi @sinaowolabi,

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know that we have started a pilot program with TAC to help with certain community posts and your post has been handed off to our TAC technicians. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information. I encourage you to continue to post in the community and once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the community to help other members. 

TAC Engaged.png

Dennis Smith
Manager Brocade Communities
@DennisMSmith
Occasional Contributor

Re: What are the correct session parameters for connecting to an ADX 1000?

Problem was because I was using a Cisco console cable.

I switched to a Brocade-specific console cable and I was able to make a go of it.

:( 

Spoiler

I only found that out because Brocade support stated it.

That was a difficult few days.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook