Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

Vulnerability Scanning with EEye Retina on Brocade switches is failing

We are trying to scan the Brocade switches with Retina and  we get several errors, credentails can't be verified, ssh session failed, etc

we can from the server SSH into the switch and however when we scan it , it fails. Has anyone successfully used EEYE Retina to vulnerabily scan their Brocade switches?

Super Contributor

Re: Vulnerability Scanning with EEye Retina on Brocade switches is failing

It would be helpful to know what 'kind' of switches.  If you could share make/model/firmware version.  Also, if you could post the errors that would be helpful.  In addition, as these errors reside with EEYE Retina, you may wish to reach out to them.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
N/A

Re: Vulnerability Scanning with EEye Retina on Brocade switches is failing

We are having similar problems when using this tool with our Brocade devices. I am running FWX/FCX and SuperX's in my infrastructure. I also have Cisco routers and switches as well. The software I am running is a mixture of code. I am running FWXS05100 SXS07100a FCXS06000 to name a few. When the Retina scanner tries to do SSH connections to the switches I do not show that the Brocade recognizes the request as a SSH attempt. My authentication server sees nothing from the switches, the logs do not show errors and the scanner contiues to the SNMP attempts when the switch sees the requests and responds. The Cisco devices see these requests as SSHv2 and respond accordingly.

We have switched the order around on the Brocades so that the Local account proceeds the radius to eliminate possible time issues without success. I understand that the change is in the Retina engine but looking for reasons why Cisco does not have the same difficulties as Brocade with what is supposed to be an industry standard for using communication protocol such as SSH. Additional debug ideas are welcome.

Troy McClain

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook