Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Un-configuring ISL

I have an ISL setup between a 5100 and 48000 that I would like removed.  I suspect there is more to it than simply disabling the port and removing the cabling.  Can anyone tell me what this procedure looks like and what to expect?  Will I lose the config on my subordinate switch?

Thanks - ellen

Valued Contributor

Re: Un-configuring ISL

Hi Ellen seems like you've got the wrong forum as this is the ethernet-forum and you're, most probably, discussing FC.

I have an ISL setup between a 5100 and 48000 that I would like removed.  I suspect there is more to it than simply disabling the port and removing the cabling.  Can anyone tell me what this procedure looks like and what to expect?

This would depends on the goal you're trying to reach, but basically remove the cable or disable one ISL port and the ISL is offline. It would be best to make sure no traffic is crossing the ISL before you start, also you'll need to cleanup hanging members in both segmented fabrics.

Will I lose the config on my subordinate switch?

No both switches will retain their config and both switches will become principal.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook