Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

Turboiron x24 uplink port

Good Morning, I'm relatively new to networking and am having difficulty defining an uplink port (that works) on a turboiron x24. I've read the documentation, and done what the doc says but I don't seem to be getting traffic out of the switch. I haven't put a sniffer on the uplink port to see if traffic is getting out but I can attach a couple servers to brocade ports that are members of the same vlan and they can talk to each other. I can run fiber from the brocade uplink port to a correctly configured uplink port (tagged to the same vlan) in an HP 5412 1gb switch but no servers connected to the 5412 can talk to the servers on the turboiron x24 or vice versa.

turboiron# config terminal

turboiron(config)# vlan 8

turboiron(config-vlan-8)# tagged e 1 to 24

turboiron(config-vlan-8)# uplink-switch e 1

turboiron(config-vlan-8)# exit

turboiron(config)# write memory

turboiron(config)# exit

turboiron#

Creating vlans and tagging or untagging ports to a specific vlan is strait foward enough and I've successfully done it numerous times.  So far though, haven't needed to create or configure an uplink port using a CLI so I'm not sure if what I've done above is complete or correct. What I've done above is right out of the manual.

Please don't just tell me to read a specific page in the manual. I've already done that many times. If there is something I'm missing please tell me what it is an why.

Thank you for your time.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Turboiron x24 uplink port

v-randr, if you have followed the procedure from the config guide, it should work. In your case, it looks like a TAC scenario.However before I confirm the same, I shall go ahead and try my best to do some research on this and see what I can find for you.

thanks,

Deepti

Super Contributor

Re: Turboiron x24 uplink port

Hi v-randr,

For your setup to work you would need to have all the servers on the HP switch also configured for tagged vlans (not normal).

What you would normally do, is tag only the VLAN uplink port on both switches (Brocade and HP) and have your servers on both configured as untag members of the vlan.

e.g.

turboiron# config terminal

turboiron(config)# vlan 8

turboiron(config-vlan-8)# untagged e 2 to 24 (this is server ports)

turboiron(config-vlan-8)# tag e 1 (this is the port that goes to the HP)

turboiron(config-vlan-8)# exit

turboiron(config)# write memory

turboiron(config)# exit

turboiron#

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook