Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Switch config deleted

I have unfortunetly, whilst configuring an FCX624S managed to delete the startup-config, and both primary and secondary versions of the running-config.

Once the switch rebooted, it simply ran the fans at full speed and of course never actually booted again.

I do have current backups of both start and running config.

Can anyone help me?

New Contributor

Re: Switch config deleted

You can try the procedures at http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/software-upgrade-guide/fastiron-08010a-upgradeguide/GUID-DA75FD7E-A8D4-4B12-AA56-09C61D326F5F.html

This walks you through using the boot monitor to boot from a TFTP server.

You will need a primary or secondary image on a TFTP server for this work.  If you have a product registered with Brocade through their My Brocade portal, you can download the appropriate firmware.

Good luck!

New Contributor

This unfortunetly does not work.

If I connect the router via Putty, press b on bootup it goes to a prompt named Monitor>

This prompt does not recognise any command I type in to it, for example when typing printenv (and any other commands) the error message it comes up with is 'Not found in command table, 'printenv'

If I start up the switch and do not press b, it goes to the same unuseable prompt.

External Moderator

you have to have a established connection trough the Console / Serial Port.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Yes, I am using the serial port.

External Moderator

when you tried to simple connect / login trough the serial console, what happened ?

can you please post screen-shot ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Sorry, the landing page for the link I gave you didn't take you directly to the section for FCX devices.  This link will take you there http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/software-upgrade-guide/fastiron-08010a-upgradeguide/GUID-6FB9B8D1-675E-4B0A-BB4E-EF7E8A07E212.html

Also, when you type ? in monitor mode, what responses to you get?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook