Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Static DHCP assigment IP-MAC on ICX 6610

Hi everybody, Is there a way to map or have an Static DHCP server configuration at ICX6610, I mean I'd like to assign an IP based on a Static MAC list.

Is that possible?

THanks!

Brocadian

Re: Static DHCP assigment IP-MAC on ICX 6610

You can add a static arp entry. I am not sure how you can do that in DHCP. Why would you go with DHCP, if you need a static map-ip binding? If you add static arp, this will get preference over DHCP.  If you want to add a static arp entry, do these steps below:

From config guide:

Brocade(config)#arp 1 209.157.22.3 aaaa.bbbb.cccc ethernet 3

This command adds a static ARP entry that maps IP address 209.157.22.3 to MAC address
aaaa.bbbb.cccc. The entry is for a MAC address connected to Brocade port 3.

Syntax: [no] arp <num> <ip-addr> <mac-addr> ethernet <port>

Thanks

Sharan

Frequent Contributor

What it sounds like your are looking for is DHCP reservation to guarantee a server a specific IP no matter what, the Brocade switches do not support DHCP reservation, you would need an appliance or server setup for DHCP to take advantage of more advanced DHCP features.

New Contributor

Hi smahadev, the deal with this is that customer has nowaday a proxy server working as Static DHCP, this just to give the same address and block the rest, the customer has a wifi but without controller so this is is the way how is working.

Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook