Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

SNMP STATISTICS are not valid!

I've got 4 different ICX-7450 switches in production and they are showing invalid snmp statistics.

For exampel if i look at a port this port shows 23bps and they are pushing over 18Mbps on this port. I log into the switch and the interface is reporting that its 23bps but i know its pushing 18Mbps. then i find on other ports its working correctly. I have double checked the setup and have the load interval set to 300. I also changed it down to 30 and it still does this on ramdom ports.

I'm running 8.030d and will be planning to upgrade to 8.030h when its out and stable. Does anyone else have this issue.

It doesnt seem to correlate with anything else other than the switches have all been up and running for about 4 months.

Any Idea's?

Contributor

Re: SNMP STATISTICS are not valid!

Update to the info above. I found that only the switches in a stack of 3 are giving out invalid snmp data. The interfaces that are showing invalid data are vlans with mulitple interfaces in them and a VE interface assigned. The weird thing is that about half of the vlans with this setup are working and the other half are not?

Anyone have any ideas?

Contributor

Re: SNMP STATISTICS are not valid!

Another update to this issue. The switch started logging the correct octets on June 1st! We made no changes. Aparently there is some processes under the hood that restarted? I would love to know if anyone has any insight on this!

Pat,:smileyhappy:

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook