Ethernet Switches & Routers

SDN (Brocade ICX 6610-24) Does not clear the hardware rules

Hi all,

I'm running experiments to see the delay for rule installation on SDN Broacade ICX 6610-24 swicth.

I installed rules for two computers to ping using the opendaylight interface and the computers were able to ping correctly.

However when I run :"clear openflow all"

The rules are not removed and it still keeps pinging.

Does anyone know why the flows don't get removed from the hardware and what should I do to remove them?

Thanks a lot

--

Diman

Frequent Contributor

Re: SDN (Brocade ICX 6610-24) Does not clear the hardware rules

Hello @diman

I moved your post to the correct forum to expedite finding your resolution.

Regards,

Denise K.

Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

New Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Hello @demi

Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the Community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know that I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement Team. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information regarding your configuration, so we can get you routed to the correct group.

Once your case is closed, if appropriate, we will post the resolution to this thread to help others within the Community; or, if you'd prefer, please come back and post the resolution yourself.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help faciliate your case resolution.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged Program by clicking on the link below.

Thank you!

Denise K.
Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

TAC Engaged Program

TAC Engaged Program

New Contributor

Thank you,

I also wonder if there is any command that I could send to the Brocade switch to monitor the rule installation delay.

I can use "show openflow flows" to see wheather a specific rule is installed or not? but it does not give me any time statistics. For example, how long it takes to install 250-1024 rules in the flow table?

Frequent Contributor

Hi @demi

I wanted to check in with you - TAC has been unable to reach you regarding this open issue within the Brocade Community. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged Program by clicking on the link below.

Best Regards,

Denise K.
Brocade Community Team
@DeniseK

TAC Engaged Program

Frequent Contributor

Hello @demi/All,

This case has been closed; here are some highlights from the case notes re: the resolution:

You had set up 5 rules and whenever you used the command "Clear openflow all", it deleted the hardware rules configured on the switch, but the connectivity between 2 computers was still active ( pinging on ) since both computers were functioning based on these rules.

We reloaded the switch after deleting the rules in order to isolate the switch, thinking that the computers were depending on unknown connectivity; however, after reloading the switch, computers stopped pinging, so once the switch was reloaded, we started to configure the open flow again in the switch and you skipped a default action command: "openflow default send-to-controller" that you had from initial configuration. Then you installed the 5 rules again and cleared them all and the computers stopped pinging.

Everything worked as expected by not configuring the default action: "send-to-controller"

Check the below Configuration Guide, which is very important for open flow matter.

Note: I hit the word "time" in the search bar at the top left hand side and it shows a few results that might be helpful.

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/configuration-guide/FI_08030_SDN/GUID-2F165E1A-5EA1-4BCD-B372-E41CD00A094B.html

I hope this helps the Community! :-)

Best Regards,

Denise K.

Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook