Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

Rookie question - How to remove ports from multiple VLANs

I am new to Brocade switches and I am really having a difficult time doing tasks that seem like they should be relatively easy.

We have an MLXe switch (Chassis: MLXe 16-slot).

We have a particular port that is in dual-mode.

This same port is associated with 49 VLAN's (I believe that means the port is tagged in 49 different VLAN's)

I no longer want this port in dual-mode.

I cannot find a way to "one-command" remove this dual-mode setup. It appears as though I have to go to each of the 49 VLAN's and remove this port from the VLAN and then take the port out of dual-mode.

It seems to me that there has *got* to be a way to say "no dual-mode eth 5/6" and the O/S will go and remove this port from all of those VLAN's. Or is there a "default port 5/6" command of some sort?

Thank you

Brian Mazzocco

Occasional Contributor

Re: Rookie question - How to remove ports from multiple VLANs

As far as I'm aware there is no single command and you are correct in that you must remove each port from each vlan individually.

Best regards,

Paul

Occasional Contributor

Re: Rookie question - How to remove ports from multiple VLANs

The easiest way would be to select the range of ports. Type “interface ethernet / to /”, then issue the “no dual-mode” command.  You won’t be able to select ports on different slots, so you may have to do the command several times if there interfaces in the other slots.  Hope this helps.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook