Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Reset Brocade Fastiron Switch to factory default

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know how long should i press the reset button on the front pannel to reset the Switch?what should i do the next?restarting?

Thanks in Advance

Brocadian

Re: Reset Brocade Fastiron Switch to factory default

Do you have access to CLI? If you have, you can do erase start and reboot. 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, i've connected to the CLI, but it doesn't work.If i conncet via serial port and press enter, that doesn't bring command prompt to me(like Monitor>, or Switch>).

I realy need your advice, what to do.

Why RESET button on the front of the Panel doesn't work?I was trying to hit it using pen or pencil, but it doesn't bring Switch to factory default.

Thanks

Brocadian

What model of switch is this for?

Occasional Contributor

Brocade Fastiron FCX648S

Brocadian

That reset button allows you to restart the switch without switching the power supply off and on or executing "reload" command using the CLI. You cannot reset to factory default using that button. For factory reset, you will need access to CLI using console cable (make sure you are using the right cable and right terminal settings). Once you have access to the switch, you can then do erase start and reload.

Occasional Contributor

OK, I thought reset button for factory default reset :))

So I've used the same cable and the same terminal settings befor and it worked.Nothing has changed after that.

Let me tell you how it happened.

I've erase the old version and upload from TFTP Server boot image and the software image, then restart and everything worked fine.

Then I noticed, that there were another the newest version of the Software and decided to install that one.I installed that software, but without boot image, only the software image.Now I can't to reach the command prompt via serial Prompt.I think that Switch is trying to find boot loader and boot, but there isn't any installed boot loader, in that case it should boot from it default "BIOS" am i correct?

how can i configure it out?

Thanks in Advance

Occasional Contributor

i forgot to tell, after the installing the newest Software and rebooting, it hanged, and i had to power off and on.

Occasional Contributor

Could you please tell me about right Console cable and the settings?I would like to check if i did it correct or not!

Thanks

Brocadian

Straight-through console cable with female DB-9 connectors on both ends. If you computer doesn't support DB-9 connector, use a DB9-USB convertor. 

• Baud: 9600 bps
• Data bits: 8
• Parity: None
• Stop bits: 1
• Flow control: None

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/product_manuals/B_FastIron/FastIron_08001_FCX_InstallGuide.pdf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook