Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Rate Limiting

Hi!

I am looking for the best solution to limit bandwidth on a VE of fastIron superx. if I understand correctly first I should create a traffic policy then modify an extended ACL entry that references the traffic policy and finally bind the ACL to an interface. Is it possible to use VE interface?

Regards

m.kazemi

Valued Contributor

Re: Rate Limiting

Could this thread be of some use to you?

http://community.brocade.com/message/21993#21993

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I saw that documentation. it's not helpful for me. I am trying to configure rate limiting on VE or specific IP.

Super Contributor

Hi M,

Short answer is yes you can apply a rate limiting policy on a VE.

See below from the Config Guide for Fastiron 7.3.00 (Page 812 of the manual or page 870 of the PDF)

You can configure ACL-based rate limiting on the following interface types:

• Physical Ethernet interfaces

• Virtual interfaces

• Trunk ports

• Specific VLAN members on a port (refer to “Applying an IPv4 ACL to specific VLAN members on a port (Layer 2 devices only)” on page 746)

• A subset of ports on a virtual interface (refer to “Applying an IPv4 ACL to a subset of ports on a virtual interface (Layer 3 devices only)” on page 746)

Suggest you look at chapter 21 called Configuring Traffic Policies for more infomration.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook