Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

RFS4000 Wing 5.4 - Shutdown procedure?

[ Edited ]

The install manual warns NOT to pull the PLUG on the RFS4000 (unless one runs the shutdown procedure)

(see attachment)

Looked and looked, I cannot find the shutdown procedure.

I can access the Web-Interface can someone please :

a) Point out how to do a Shutdown

b) Point me to the documentation on this topic, I looked and looked and couldn't find it

Thanks in advance

Howie

Brocade Moderator

Re: RFS4000 Wing 5.4 - Shutdown procedure?

Hi,

I am pretty sure that there is a shutdown option from within the controller GUI, should look something like below

Capture.PNG

This is from an RFS6000 but I am pretty sure that the RFS4000 should be pretty much the same

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

Re: RFS4000 Wing 5.4 - Shutdown procedure? RFS 4000

Dear Mick,

Sincerely appreciate the quick response, the web interface  on my RFS 4000 controller unit unfortunately looks much different and I have looked and looked and can't find it....  Very Frustrating...!

Brocade Moderator

Re: RFS4000 Wing 5.4 - Shutdown procedure? RFS 4000

Hi,

You are correct I think that extract was from Win 4.x document.  I have looked through all the documentation that I have for these devices and cannot find anything shown in the GUI for Wing 5.4 to shut down these devices.

I did find halt command in the CLI reference guide

halt
Privileged Exec Mode Commands
Stops (halts) a device or a wireless controller. Once halted, the system must be restarted manually.
This command stops the device immediately. No indications or notifications are provided while the device shuts down.
Supported in the following platforms:
• Access Points — Brocade Mobility 300 Access Point, Brocade Mobility 650 Access Point, Brocade Mobility 6511 Access Point, Brocade Mobility 71XX Access Point
• Wireless Controllers — Brocade Mobility RFS4000, Brocade Mobility RFS6000, Brocade Mobility RFS7000
Syntax:
halt {on <DEVICE-NAME>}
Parameters
halt {on <DEVICE-NAME>}

halt                                                    Halts a device or a wireless controller
{on <DEVICE-NAME>}                  • on <DEVICE-NAME> – Optional. Enter the name of the AP or wireless controller.

Example
rfs7000-37FABE#halt on rfs7000-37FABE
rfs7000-37FABE#

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.