Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Problems going from 2.4 to 2.7 on BigIron RX4

Hello,

We tried upgrading our RX4's firmare from 2.4 to 2.7 and for some reason ports used to link us with out fiber provider did not want to go up. Forcing them up didn't do the trick. Our provider is using Cisco ME3200 E for layer 2 connectivity in our building. Oddly enough if I plug one of our switches into a port instead of our provider, the port would go up. So we had to go back to 2.4 for now, but it has an SSH bug that reboots the entire switch when establshing an ssh session. And there were another odd issue with the switch, where it would stop forwarding traffic and would require a reboot, though it happened only once so far.

Did any one ever seen this happen when upgrading their firmware?

Super Contributor

Re: Problems going from 2.4 to 2.7 on BigIron RX4

Hi,

I have customers running 2.7 with no reported issues.  however somewhere from 2.4 if I remeber correctly the sfp optical monitoring came in.  It may be that an optic is bad - just a possable cause.

Do you have the port/s tht connect to the cisco  hard codes (speed duplex)?  Any error disbale configured?

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook