Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Optic Light Level Standards

I have a large combination of different Brocade devices throughout my network - all utilizing different styles of Brocade certified optics. I have taken a number of baselines on Tx and Rx light levels, BUT, I can not find any type of reference material  to compare my data against. The only thing I can consistently find is the Brocade optics matrix - which IS good, but it does not provide any technical reference for light levels. I have been referred to the same matrix a half dozen times?! Can anyone point me in a more suitable direction?! I understand there are a lot of variables in play, but there has to be some type of base spec sheet for the individual optics.  Thanks!!!

Broadcom

Re: Optic Light Level Standards

Hi Robert,

On this page http://www.brocade.com/en/products-services/transceivers/transceiver-modules.html, scroll down to the section "Brocade Transceiver Module Resources" and then click on "View More Resources". Then you will see a large list of datasheets for individual optics and these include the optical specs.

Regards,

Steve

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook