Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

On a Fastiron, how can I modify an IP access-list with out removing it?

I would like to modify my ACL with out removing it. How can I see what line #'s are use and how do I then add a line to the ACL?

New Contributor

Re: On a Fastiron, how can I modify an IP access-list with out removing it?

Hi Robert.  I'm not proclaiming to be an expert on Brocade switches.  But, I will tell you how I've overcome this.

I use telnet through a Windows command prompt:

switchrtr(Config)# show access-list xxx (the list number)

Then I copy and paste the data into a text file.  Make what ever changes you need to make, then add a line to the data.  When ready, save the file (for just in case), go back to the device and delete the access-list.  Now, in the global config mode, copy and paste the data from the text file (including the extra line) and paste it into your session.  This is a real quick way to get all the commands in at once.  Now all you have to do is re-apply the access list to the appropriate ports.

**Before you delete the access-list, be sure to take note of where it's applied.

Mike R.

Contributor

Re: On a Fastiron, how can I modify an IP access-list with out removing it?

1. You have an IP ACL named mylist applied to interface 1/1/1 inbound
  2. Copy/paste the list to text editor
  3. Rename to mylist2
  4. Make your changes
  5. Copy/paste new mylist2 ACL into config
  6. interface ethernet 1/1/1
  7. ip access-group mylist2 in   --- no need to remove the previous list

For next change, edit the original mylist.  Add no ip access-list extended mylist at the top, so when you paste into config the list is first deleted, then re-created.Then change the access-group back to mylist.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook