Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Multicast on Brocade NetIron CES and Brocade FastIron WS

hi Friends,

i want to enable Multicast between Brocade NetIron CES and Brocade FastIron WS 648G-POE!

Currently i am receiving Multicast traffic to Brocade NetIron CES on Port 1/48 from NTP Protocol (224.0.1.1) on vlan 502.

i want the Brocade NetIron to forward the traffic throw the port 1/1 connected to Brocade FastIron WS Switch to all VLANs.

can someone provide me with the basic configuration to do that ?

i am not expert with Multicast and the switches already have configuration on them.

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Multicast on Brocade NetIron CES and Brocade FastIron WS

Where is the routing for the multicast occuring at? Wherever that is, you need to use a routing protocol like PIM. enable it globally and enable multicast routing globally. That way your multicast routing can hit all vlans.  Let me know if you have anymore questions and i can help you out!

Joe Lentine BCNE
Occasional Contributor

Re: Multicast on Brocade NetIron CES and Brocade FastIron WS

hi idlentine,

thanks for the replay..

i already did that and the multicast is being forward from other VLANs but not from a spesifice one that i need.

it only forward the multicast traffic in the same vlan.

any information why the CES Switch doesn't forward the NTP multicast to the rest of the vlans .. especilly the VLANs on the trunk connected to other Switch (FWS).

Best Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook