Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

[MLX - Openflow] Problem modifying flow entry, Unsupported action list - cannot process in the order specified

Hi everyone

I'm not sure if this is a good place to post a question, but I think my problem is quite common.

So I hope the answer might be useful for people who face the same problem as me.

The problem is

I have enabled openflow on a Brocade MLX and successfully connected it to floodlight controller.

I also enabled openflow layer3 on 2 interfaces. This surely succeeded as both MLX and floodlight can display openflow port id.

Then, I tried to control the basic flow by pushing a rule from floodlight, lets say if packets come from port 721(OF port id) then forward them to port 722.

Nothing changed in MLX, flow table is still empty.

After doing wireshark at controller, the controller did send the flowmod packet to MLX, but MLX replied back with error message.

Error Message

Type: Problem modifying flow entry (3)

Code: Unsupported action list - cannot process in the order specified (5)

I did push a flow via both Avior (Avior | Marist/IBM Joint Study OpenFlow Research Project)  and static push (Static Flow Pusher API - Floodlight Controller - OpenFlowHub - OpenFlow news and projects).

They both were not success.

Anybody got a clue? Your help would be much appreciated.

Akkasit

Contributor

Re: [MLX - Openflow] Problem modifying flow entry, Unsupported action list - cannot process in the order specified

Hi Akkasit,

Thanks for the post! This type of question is more typically handled in the forum rather than on this community, which is intended for higher level SDN discussion.  But FYI, I just checked there and I don’t see a related posting, so given that what you’re trying to do is pretty straightforward, it sounds like there’s something else going on. I think the best approach would be to contact our support folks, and they can dig into it with you. (To do that, click on the MyBrocade tab at the top of the page, then choose "My Support" from the drop down menu. From there, choose the "Support Cases" link.)

Hope this helps some.

Josh

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook