Ethernet Switches & Routers

TD
Occasional Contributor

Lock down vty lines and enable SSH on FESX448, FESX424 and FES9604 switches.

Hello,

First of all it has been over 10 years since I worked on a Foundry device (ServerIron switch). Can someone please tell me how to lock down the vty lines so that you can only SSH to the devices. I know how to set it up on Cisco but not on Brocade/Foundry. Also, to enable SSH on the switch, is the same or similar like Cisco? Lastly, listed below are the devices we have in our network and the sw version they are running. Will I need to upgrade???

FESX448     SW: 03.0.01cT3e3

FESX424     SW: 02.2.00Te1

FES9604     SW: 03.6.00aTc1

Thanks for your help

Frequent Contributor

Re: Lock down vty lines and enable SSH on FESX448, FESX424 and FES9604 switches.

Hi.

There are no VTY lines in a Foundry config.

You nee to disable the service itself:

Telnet

To allow Telnet access to the Foundry device, enter the following command:

FastIron(config)# telnet server

Syntax:

telnet server

SNMP

To allow SNMP access to the Foundry device, enter the following command:

FastIron(config)# snmp-server

Syntax:

snmp-server

Web Management through HTTP

To allow web management through HTTP for the Foundry device, you enable web management as shown in the

following command:

FastIron(config)# web-management

Syntax:

web-management

Hope this helps

Karl

TD
Occasional Contributor

Re: Lock down vty lines and enable SSH on FESX448, FESX424 and FES9604 switches.

Cool. I have another problem though. I am trying to acces the devices via SSH. I generated the keys, "crypto key generate rsa", setup the domain name and created local user accounts to authenticate too. When I ssh to the devices, using putty, I get a login prompt. When I type my username and password it does not authenticate me to the local user accounts on the switch. However I can telnet to the devices and login using the local user accounts. Am I missing a step here.

Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook