Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

Is it Possible to disable syslog events by event type or id?

I've got several NetIron based switches and routers and would love to be able to reduce the noise!

I tried to some different trap settings to reduce the rejected authentications but still get them.

I have login access restricted by ACL anyway and it still logs the rejection and also snmp authentication requests show rejected as well. Even though they work just fine. I have a network probe that logs into these devices every few minutes and pulls interface statistics. This all works but i still get snmp Auth reject messages. Anyone have any idea's on this?

Contributor

Re: Is it Possible to disable syslog events by event type or id?

So the network probe is successfully grabbing the data, but also causing Auth reject messages?  Do the event messages stop when you stop the probe?

If so, perhaps the probe is trying multiple authentications each check cycle, where one succeeds and another fails.  (Wireshark could verify this.)  Reconfigure the probe to try once each cycle, with correct credentials.

New Contributor

Re: Is it Possible to disable syslog events by event type or id?

Have you tried 'no snmp-server enable traps authentication'?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook