Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

IPv6 DHCP PD

Hi

Using CER with 5.1 firmware as DHCPv6 relay.

As DHCPv6 server using ISC DHCP6.

Customer have a router with ipv6 support.

1.Customer's router are requesting by DHCPv6 IPv6 address for self and IPv6 block for PCs behind router.

2. CER are receives request and forward it to DHCP server.

3. DHCP server are receives request and generate answer

4. CER receives answer and forward it to customer's router.

5. Customer's router are accepting IPs and delegate IPs to PCs behind him.

Everything is okay, BUT CER isn't making ipv6 route of delegated to customer's router block to router. Therefore PCs behind customer's router have no IPv6 access because their IPs are not routing to customer's router.

Nothing found about DHCPv6 relay & PD in Brocade manual - just only one string about how to enable dhcpv6 relay.

May be somebody tried to realize same functionallity for customers or knows how to solve it?

Thanks.

Valeri Streltsov

TiERA Broadband

Super Contributor

Re: IPv6 DHCP PD

Hi Valeri,

I have also checked the manual and found nothing to help for this.

Suggest you log a TAC call for this one.  And please post the results.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael

Wrote to Brocade TAC. They accepted my request, but silence more than a week already.

Occasional Contributor

Brocade TAC answer:

===

CER or any of the Brocade devices do not install route by inspecting  DHCP packets. Brocade devices simply relays the DHCP packets. If  customer router does not advertise a route to customer network, then CER  will not learn the route. Please add a static route on the CER for the  customer network.

===

So. I have thousands of customers, for what I need DHCPv6 if I need to manually create routes of delegated to customer prefixes?

Amazing ;(

Other vendors think better about DHCPv6 PD and realised route creating automatically.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook