Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

IPv6 Anycast /127 conflict

All,

I'm trying to turn up IPv6 peering with one of our upstream providers and we've run into the issues stated in RFC 3627. They want to provide us a /127 and our XMR is automatically using the other address in that /127 as an anycast IP. Is there a way to disable the anycast feature on a chassis/port basis on the XMR?

I'm discussing receiving a large subnet from the provider but this appears to be their policy up to this point.

Thanks,

Andy

Super Contributor

Re: IPv6 Anycast /127 conflict

Hi Andy,

I can only find the below info. I could see no way of turning off subnet-router Anycast.  Suggest you call the TAC on this one.

--------

Configuring IPv6 anycast addresses

In IPv6, an anycast address is an address for a set of interfaces that belong to different nodes.  Sending a packet to an anycast address results in the delivery of the packet to the closest interface that has an anycast address.

An anycast address looks similar to a unicast address, because it is allocated from the unicast address space. If you assign an IPv6 unicast address to multiple interfaces, it is an anycast address. On the device, you configure an interface assigned an anycast address to recognize the

address as an anycast address.

For example, the following commands configure an anycast address on interface 2/1.

NetIron(config)# int e 2/1

NetIron(config-if-e100-2/1)# ipv6 address 2002::6/64 anycast

Syntax: ipv6 address <

ipv6-prefix>|<prefix-length>

IPv6 anycast addresses are described in detail in RFC 1884. See RFC 2461 for a description of how

the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery mechanism handles anycast addresses.

Thanks

Michael.

IPv6 anycast addresses are described in detail in RFC 1884. See RFC 2461 for a description of how

Thanks

Michael.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook