Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

ICX6610 L3 interface placed in restricted VLAN after power outage and IP address removed.

I think I got most of it in the title, but the issue is that on some of our ICX6610 switches running the Routing code and being used as Layer 3 switches, when they lose power and come back online the main Layer 3 interface is being moved to our restricted vlan.  Because the port is now in the restricted private vlan, it does not allow IP addresses on the interface and thus removes the one that was configured on there (Log shows this).

To fix, we have to visit the switch, do a no untag on the restricted vlan, which moves it back into the default vlan and then put the IP address back on the interface.

I'm sure we are just missing something here, but it seems sporadic which switches it effects.

We are running 8030ga code on most of these switches.

Brocade Moderator

Re: ICX6610 L3 interface placed in restricted VLAN after power outage and IP address removed.

Hi,

Just to confirm that even after saving running configuration to startup configuration to NVRAM using write memory command when the switch is powered off the port revetes back to the previous configuration?

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

Re: ICX6610 L3 interface placed in restricted VLAN after power outage and IP address removed.

Yes, these are L3 devices controlling routing for multiple L2 buildings behind them so write mem is done before hand.  This has happened on two different occassions but these switches have been in production for at least a year.

Power Outage

Switch reboots

L3 port is put into restricted vlan

Log reports that you can't put an IP on a port in a private vlan and promptly removes IP address

Switch can be seen from other side as fdp neighbor but can not communicate because the L3 link is down.

Configure port out of restricted vlan "no untag e"

Configure port for IP address

Not consistantly happening, but has happened twice now after power failures in the last 3 months. Just curious if others have seen this issue.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.