Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

ICX6450 stack - SSH daemon unreachable after a few days

Hi,

we replaced a Cisco 3750 with a stack of 2 ICX6450's, and so far we are rather unpleased with them. At first they don't do static arp properly which kills Microsoft NLB (which is already a bad solution, I know..) but now we have an even more serious issue. The SSH daemon get unreachable after a few days. I have recently updated to the latest 08010 software, but the issue is still there. Only when I do a reboot of the units (one logical unit, it's a stack) SSH is working perfectly. After a few days it's unreachable again. Port 22 is open and listening but I am unable to create a SSH session. Putty gives 'Server unexpectedly closed network connection'. These switches are in a remote location, and that means I cannot even connect to them right now at all.

When I was at location when I upgraded the firmware, I used the console cable and I first removed the access-group on SSH but that didn't help. Only after a reboot would SSH become available again. We use SNMP monitoring on the switches to monitor port and switch health status, which still works fine.

Anyone familiar with this issue?

Occasional Contributor

Re: ICX6450 stack - SSH daemon unreachable after a few days

Hi,

Excuse for the response delay.

We had this problem and as far as I can remember we made 2 modifications so we couldn't find the one that correct the problem :

- set an SSH delay, something like "ip ssh idle-time 20"

- upgrade or BNA server, he make some SSH connection, perhaps too much ...

Hope it'll help you.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook