12-31-2014 08:55 AM
I'm going to upgrade ICX 6610 stack switches from 07300h to 08010f. From below which upgrade process will be good to go. Can I directly upgrade from 7300h to 8000a or first to 7400 then to 7400g then to 8000a. Please advise best upgrading process. Thanks!
1) upgrade 7300h code to 7400 code then (2)
2) upgrade 7400 code to 7400g code then (3)
3) upgrade 7400g code to 8000a code then (4)
4) upgrade 8000a code to 8001c code then (5)
5) upgrade 8001c code to 8010 code then (6)
6) upgrade 8010 code to 8010f code
1) upgrade 7300h code to 8000a code
2) upgrade 8000a code to 8001c code
3) upgrade 8001c code to 8010 code
4) upgrade 8010 code to 8010f code
01-11-2015 07:29 PM
It really depends on your currect configuration. Do you have any Link aggregation going on? There is quite a few configuration differences from 7.x to 8.x. I also reccomend that when you tftp your new image into secondary flash, you do a " sh flash" to confirm its sitting in the flash. i have a few troubles going from 7.4 to 8020a. also, dont do it remotely! do it onsite!
01-21-2015 03:02 PM
Is there a particular reason you want to upgrade? I recommend to most organizations that they stay with 7400G until there is a compelling reason to upgrade to 8.x.
There are a lot of options here and they all depend on your network layout. 8x code has a ton of adds/removes/changes and before anything can recommend anything we need to understand your environment and it's configuration.
Can you upload a sketch of your network and your configs.