Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

ICX 6430: 2 vlans, 1 port

Sorry, I have trouble with vlans, tagging, etc.  

I have a Brocade ICX 6430 switch with a Ruckus AP connected to one port.   The AP is in vlan 102.  I want to connect a printer to the second port on the AP which works but I get a IP address in the 102 vlan and I would like to have it in it's normal vlan of 10.

I'm just unclear what changes I need to make to either vlan and/or the port on the switch.

Help?

Brocade Moderator

Re: ICX 6430: 2 vlans, 1 port

Hello,

To carry 2 VLANs on an access port, one needs to be tagged and the other untagged. So if the AP VLAN 102 is untagged, you will somehow need to configure the printer Ethernet port to send traffic tagged in VLAN 10. Or vice versa, tagged VLAN 102 for AP and untagged VLAN10.

On the switch, to achieve a dual VLAN setup, both VLANs will be configured as tagged under VLAN configuration, then under the port configuration the command "dual port" to be used followed by the VLAN to be untagged. Please refer to the link below

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/configuration-guide/FI_08030_L2/GUID-77B587E9-90F4-4DE7-92EA-BEBD594D184F.html

Hope this helps addressing your issue.

Thanks

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.