Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

I have a new icx7250-48p-poe switch and cannot get it to power up Xirrus APs

Just installed a ICX7250-48p-poe brocade switch.  We have also installed 4 Xirrus Access Points and plugge them into this swtich and getting now power at all.

I have configured - inline power on all 48 ports.  I guess my question is will this switch handle that much power for these APs?

Brocadian

Re: I have a new icx7250-48p-poe switch and cannot get it to power up Xirrus APs

Have you tried inline-power power-by-class 4?  Not sure if the Xirrus APs are requesting POE+.  You might want to give it a try.  I saw a Cisco 8851 sidecar not power-up with inline power, but did power up with inline power power-by-class 4. Could be something specific that's communicated with LLDP by the AP.

Frequent Contributor

Re: I have a new icx7250-48p-poe switch and cannot get it to power up Xirrus APs

Not saying this will or will not do it, but I typically just put "inline power" on the interface and have LLDP enabled via "lldp run" and every AP thus far has powered up completely fine.  Not saying there isn't something about Xirrius, but without the "lldp run" many devices will not negotiate to the right power class automatically.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook