Ethernet Switches & Routers

N/A

I have a Fastiron GS 648P switch with Version 04.3.02T7e1 code in both primary and secondary. What code version I need for full L3 routing capabilities?

See above question.

Frequent Contributor

Re: I have a Fastiron GS 648P switch with Version 04.3.02T7e1 code in both primary and secondary. What code version I need for full L3 routing capabilities?

Rschaffer,

Only Base Layer 3 features are supported in FGS which includes IPv4 static routes, RIP route advertisement, VRRP, virtual and routed interfaces, and DHCP relay & you do not need to upgrade the firmware from 4.3.02 to have the above features. Full L3 is supported in certain other FastIron switch models such as X-series.

thanks,

Deepti

Super Contributor

Re: I have a Fastiron GS 648P switch with Version 04.3.02T7e1 code in both primary and secondary. What code version I need for full L3 routing capabilities?

Hi all,

In fact Edge layer 3 is supported on the FGS platform (as well as base Layer 3) provided it is a eprem version (has an eeprom installed).

Edge Layer 3 features are

OSPF v2 (IPv4 only)

Full RIP v1 and v2

Route-only support (Global configuration level only)

Route redistribution

1000 routes in hardware maximum

Code image name is FGR04301b.bin for Edge Layer 3.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook