Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Howto Monitor IPv6 Peer Status via SNMP?

Hi,

does anyone know if iit exists an OID to monitor IPv6 status of a BGP neighbor on MLXE-16?

Regards,

Aurely

Brocade Moderator

Re: Howto Monitor IPv6 Peer Status via SNMP?

Hi Aurely,

There are some OID objects for BGP neighbour status, see the following

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/mib-reference-guide/ipmib-aug2015-reference/GUID-7F521C69-158A-4632-93CF-CA5907D4FCF7.html

Hope this helps

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

Hi,

these OIDs return only values for the IPv4 neighbors, but I need OIDs for IPv6 neighbors.

Regards,

Aurely

Brocade Moderator

Hi Aurely,

I had a feeling that this would be the case and that these OID were only applicable for IPv4, I have checked the MIB guide and there are no further OID mentioned for neighbour status and none specifically for IPv6.

I have also checked some internal documentation and it appears that we do not support IPv6 BGP neighbour status using SNMP

If this is a feature that you would like to see in future release you should speak to your account team or Systems Engineer

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

Hi Mick,

according to:

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/mib-reference-guide/ipmib-jul2016-reference/GUID-C9294495-3C42-4267-A36A-561D7A536B6B.html

The draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-12 is supported on MLXe. I found out the OID:

(where 1991 is Foundry).

There are all information we need to monitor BGP status of IPv6 neighbors.

Regards,

Aurelie

Brocade Moderator

Hi Aurelie,

Good find, glad you now have what you need

Regards

Mick

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.