Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

How to set the mode on a FCX combo port?

I want to force the mode selection on the combo port to either fiber or ether. I cannot find the command to do this. What is the command?

I do not want it to be possible for someone to plug in an SFP and enable the fiber port and then plug it into whatever when the corresponding ethernet port was configured for portfast.

Can anyone help?

Super Contributor

Re: How to set the mode on a FCX combo port?

Hi agrayed,

I do not think there is any way of doing that. About the only way I can think to sort of get you there is to use MAC Port Security on these combo ports.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

According to page 6 of the FCX Hardware Installation guide, it is possible:

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/fcx/current/FastIronCX_07200_InstallGuide.pdf

Super Contributor

Hi agrayed,

Yes, you are correct the install guide does state that you can change the preferance from SFP to copper ports - but does not say how Nor can I find anything in the config guides.  Might to worth asking the TAC or going to the config interface level of a combo port and see if there are any commands that are not in the normal interface (non combo).

Thanks

Michael.

Super Contributor

I no longer have access to a FCX switch to check the commands myself sorry - in fact the only Brocade switch I have is a layer 2 switch with no combo ports. If you post the results of the inferface level ? output that might help.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook