Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

Hot do I obtain logs from a Brocade FCX648 Ethernet switch?

Hello All,

I have been trying to find a command that will allow me to get logs similiar to a SupportSave from my FastIron Brocade FCX648 switch.

I have the Diagnostic Reference Guide and it states the following:

The supportsave is an important utility for collecting logs from the driver, internal libraries, and

firmware. The collected logs are shared with the technical support personnel for investigating

issues seen on the device.

NOTE

The supportsave utility is supported only on the Brocade ICX 6430 and Brocade ICX 6450 devices.

Run the commands listed in the “supportsave commands”section to collect the logs and upload

them to the remote server for troubleshooting

So, I have yet to find in that same guide or any other, as to how to get a set of logs from the switch. Like I stated, I'm looking for something similiar to a SupportSave or at least the "show logging raslog". But I have not found anything in the guide that tells me how get diagnostic type logs from the switch.

The message I copied above tells me that the "supportsave" function only works with the ICX switches only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Hot do I obtain logs from a Brocade FCX648 Ethernet switch?

Hi Eric,

The two best ways of getting information from the the FCX are;

* show tech

* show log (included in the show tech output)

With these set your terminal/SSH client to capture the output)

Other then that there are a few DM commands (will very carefully with DM).

Thanks

Michael.

Contributor

Re: Hot do I obtain logs from a Brocade FCX648 Ethernet switch?

Thanks, I will try this and let you know if it works. I didn't think this switch used the same subset of commands as Cisco, since these are similiar commands as you would run on a Cisco switch.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook