Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Grounding Brocade ethernet switches

I've checked a couple install guides but haven't found instructions on grounding FCX or ICX switches.  They a reference the hardware section and a phrase "Grounding: Rack-mounted equipment should be properly grounded."

While going back thru our installs we're verifying rack grounding but we're not sure about the switch itself.  Couple questions :

1. Is the a best practice for these?

2. Is there a particular chassis screw which has the best "grounding potential"?  There is no screw marked.

3. OR is the chassis grounded via the power supply/ac ground?

The mounts of course won't work because they're painted.  I'm thinking the best option may be grounding each switch back to a ground bar but again which screw has best potential (if it matters).

thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Grounding Brocade ethernet switches

Hi swall,

Grounding on these are via the power supplies - only Ethernet Foundry/Brocade switches I have seen with a deadecated grounding point are the chassis devices.

I think the wording "check the grounding" is meaning make sure the power rail/s the switch is connected to is properly grounded.

Thanks

Michael.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook