Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

Getting "CAM IP partition warning: total 524288 (reserved 0) free 2xxxx, slot x, ppcr 0 on MLX

Anyone seen this issue? I'm getting this as a warning but not seeing any issues. I presume there is a cam memory optimization i can make for this. The device is used as a bgp feed router with multiple bgp neighbors running ipv4 only right now.

Anyone have any suggestions? I seen some references about creating a cam partition profile but unsure why i would need one at this point?

:smileylol:

Occasional Contributor

Re: Getting "CAM IP partition warning: total 524288 (reserved 0) free 2xxxx, slot x, ppcr 0 on MLX

Is this an MLXe?  

If so, 524288 is the max number of routes the system can handle if you are running MR1 management modules.  My understanding is it will either stop accepting routes after hitting that number, or drop routes to accept the new ones - but that is a hard limit.  If you upgrade to MR2 modules, this can be increased, providing you are using X series line cards (I think the lowest capacity line card would be your new max)

We've run into the same issue, and had to upgrade to the MR2's.

Contributor

Re: Getting "CAM IP partition warning: total 524288 (reserved 0) free 2xxxx, slot x, ppcr 0 on MLX

We are running the latest MR2 management and I did find that we had to change the Cam profile the multiservice-4

This fixed the issue. We have multiple full feeds on these and they work well. The warnings i was getting was really a suprise but if you are running the default cam profile you will start to get warnings if you pull full bgp feeds like we do. It will cause intermitten destination route issues with traffic. I would recommend setting the cam profile to at least the standard IPV4 profile. I called TAC and they explained it because of how much memory utilize in cam because of the full feeds.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook