Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

FGS software update

We need to update all ours FGS/FWS/FLS to 7200a

I Did a FWS624G with no problems yesterday morning. So yesterday night I did the update to a FGS624P-PoE and everything is working fine for the users except that I can't access the switch by telnet now! The management VLAN is configured correctly, I was working before the update..the only thing that is strange it's that the management vlan can't ping it's gateway anymore. Nothing has change in the config or the topology, except the software upgrade.

Before upgrading, the device was at 4.3.01

Any idea?

Regards,

Occasional Contributor

Re: FGS software update

Here is an update :

The uplink port to the core switch is tagged into the management vlan but, if I do a sh vlan of this vlan, I don't see the port as tagged!

If I go in the vlan and do a no tag eth 0/1/1, no problems, but after it if I don tag eth 0/1/1, the device is telling me that the port is already member of this vlan even if I reove it first...

And my management vlan is not the default vlan...default vlan is 4050 and managment vlan is 1

So maybe a bug?

Super Contributor

Hi,

hmm, could be.  Have you looked at 7.2.02, I have been testing that version and it seams more stable then 7.2.00 (including a).

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Not yet, I have to schedule a maintenance windows tomoroow or Monday to test it and I will let you know.

I saw into the release notes that for the FWS we need to go to 4.3.02 before 7200, but nothing about the FGS...maybe it's the same thing...if 7202 dosen't work, I will try the 4302 before 7200

Occasional Contributor

The problem seems to be a bug. We were using SSTP on theses switchs for a while and when I move to the code 7200, the switch reboot and give a bunch of error that each port doesn't belong to his vlan...Even if I put back sstp manually and reboot, same thing. Change SSTP to RSTP(802.1w) and bingo! Everything came back....

I've just open a TAC to see with them if it's a bug or not.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook