Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

FCX Poe Firmware Upgrade

On some of the latest FCX Code Ive seen a PoE firmwre update file along with the standard update image.  My question is how do I update the PoE firmware on my FCX switches?  Ive looked over the usual documentation and havent found any instructions.  I was wondering if someone here might have some insight?

Jason

Occasional Contributor

Re: FCX Poe Firmware Upgrade

Jason

At the CLI prompt go to 'inline power install-firmware stack-unit {unit ID #} tftp X:X:X:X {address of tftp server} and then filename....not sure if there is anything after that or not but this should get you close.

Jamie

Occasional Contributor

Ahh thats getting me in the right directon.  Right now my Core Stack is running 7.2.0 and the command as you typed it is isnt working.  But im uploading 7.2.2d right now and if got the firmware queued up on my tftp server.   I will upgrade everything tongiht and see if I cant get that firmware installed.

Jason

Occasional Contributor

Beauty.......I should have told you I was running 7.2.02 a...

Occasional Contributor

Tis easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.  I upgraded the Switch stack at lunch and not only did the install inline power firmware command work like a charm we got a slightly more responsive network based on simple web browsing to the internal and external servers.  Also I want to add in the past with the 7.2.0 code we have had a condition wehre the stack has simply lost its mind.  Each switch would only route within itself.  Needless to say this caused some headaches here and there.  I hope the 7.2.2d code fixes that situtation. (fingers crossed)

Jason

Occasional Contributor

Excellent - my fingers are crossed for you as well.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook