Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Cannot ssh - error invalid public DH value (1/1024)Disconnecting: bad server public DH value

SSH is no longer working on my ICX-6610 running Version 07.3.00aT7f3. Any attempt to ssh gets:

invalid public DH value (1/1024)
Disconnecting: bad server public DH value

I've tried zeroize and genearte but no difference.

Contributor

Re: Cannot ssh - error invalid public DH value (1/1024)Disconnecting: bad server public DH value

[ Edited ]
crypto key generate dsa
no crypto key generate rsa

Does this resolve your issue?

Regards
Jörg Kost
New Contributor

Re: Cannot ssh - error invalid public DH value (1/1024)Disconnecting: bad server public DH value

No, that does not make any difference.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you do a 

wr mem
reload

afterwards?

Because there is some article in the Brocade knowledge base article  about this specific version and this ssh issue. 

Regards
Jörg Kost
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't do a reload, this is in production. I see.. looks like you're referring to: https://brocadecommunity.force.com/customers/apex/Svc_KB_ArticleDetail?kaId=kA2390000000CrGCAU

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

It seems you have hit Defect 388194, which was fixed in FI 7.3.00c and later codes. I have attached the release notes of 7300c for further information.

I suggest you upgrade to the current target Path FI 8.0.10m. Until then, you may use Telnet/Console as a workaround to access the device.

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook