Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Can I stack and/or do LACP across two separate TurboIron 24X switches?

I am wondering if I can "stack" two TurboIron 24X switches and create an LACP link from a storage array where one cable goes to switch 1 and another cable goes to switch 2 in this example.

If this is possible, how would I go about doing it?  Is creating a trunk between switches enough?  I have two 10gbe cables between these two switches in trunk e 18 and e 19.

Is this obtainable using the TurboIron 24X?

My knowledge is mostly Cisco but for 10 gig, the TI's couldn't be beat in price.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I stack and/or do LACP across two separate TurboIron 24X switches?

Hi kjstech,

The Brocade tech that would allow for this is MCT - Multi-Chassis Trunking, however this is NOT supported on TurboIron's.  So the answer is No you cannot do that on these switches.

Thanks

Michael.

Thanks
Michael
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can I stack and/or do LACP across two separate TurboIron 24X switches?

Thanks for the answer.   That dissapointing.  Oh well.  Was really hoping I could etherchannel or LACP a storage array one link to switch 1 and one link to switch 2, and then just by a trunk between both switches that they would be smart enough to handle this type of connection.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook