TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade Edgetron 48G1X10G

Hi,

You should simply be able to use TFTP to backup the configuration of the switch

copy running-config tftp <ip-addr> <filename>

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
k12
New Contributor

Sorry I am new to this type of switch, your command below:

copy running-config tftp <ip-addr> <filename>

When I telnet to my switch and run the command, I get an invalid parameter on the open brackets.  I do not have a tftp server available.  can I just copy to my local windows server?

Thks   

Frequent Contributor

You'll have to download a tftp server client first to your system, then replace <ip-addr> with the IP address of your server with the client, then replace <filename> with whatever you want to call the backup.

k12
New Contributor

I tried to do as instructed.

once I telnet to the ip of the switch, I logged in and then tried to do the following:

vty-0#copy running-config tftp ip filename

as I keep getting parameter errors if I include the brackets.  the ip is where I installed the tftp client.

Still no luck.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

Did you install a TFTP server to your computer, such as Solarwinds free TFTP server http://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools/free-tftp-server or a TFTP client?  You will need a TFTP server

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
k12
New Contributor

Hello,

We now have the tftp server role installed on a server 2008r2. 

the command provided still prompts me with invalid parameters.  I am not sure where I am going wrong:

and further when I type enable, it replies with an error.

I type this command from the vfy-0#  prompt

copy startup-config tftp tftp-***.***.***.*** startup-config-common-bak

Please help!  Thank you

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see the problem

The EdgeIron isn't a true Brocade product, it was a rebadged product that uses a diferent OS.

I beleive you can just enter

copy file tftp

This should bring up a series of prompts that should be self explanatory

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook