Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Backup firmware image from flash

Hi all,

I have a FCX-624S, I want to upgrade the firmware image, currently it runs version 07.0.01b.

Before making some mistake, I would like to backup both the firmware images installed on the switch now (primary and secondary flash partition). So I tried with "copy flash tftp <server-ip>  FCXS07001b.bin primary" and "copy flash tftp <server-ip>  FCXR07001b.bin secondary"; both those commands report an error:

"FCX624S Switch#TFTP: received error request -- code 0 message Permission denied

Flash to TFTP Error - code 16"

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Best Regards

Super Contributor

Re: Backup firmware image from flash

Hi Luca,

That is the correct command to copy the images.  But the error looks like your TFTP server will not accept files.  Try uploading a file from another computer to see if the TFTP server will accept files.

P.S. I find using tftpd32/64 a very good tool for this.

Thanks

Michael.

Ibianchi,

I don't have an answer but I do have a question?

Where did you find the upgrade procedure ?  been looking all day on brocades website ?/

thanks,

Bret

Frequent Contributor

Bret,

The upgrade procedures are usually found on release notes. Log onto my.brocade.com , go to DOWNLOADS,

Welcome to Brocade login

Under 'Product Downloads', Select 'Ethernet switches' in the pulldown menu. The FCX releasenotes can be found under 'FastIron CX'.

Hope this helps

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook