Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

BGP Conditional Advertisements

This question was asked in the Knowledge Base a few years ago, but that article never got a decent answer so I will try again. I want to do a "conditional BGP **filtered**" that would be similar to the Cisco parameters of "advertise-map" and "non-exist-map" on the "BGP neighbor" command. Brocade does not seem to have these exact parameters, but I need to know if there is a way to fake-it and produce the same effect.

To be clear; I have two ISP's – ISP-A and ISP-B each connected to a different Brocade at my site (CER 2024 running NetIron 5.8.0). The objective is for me to advertise my own network-1 to ISP-A when both ISP are up, but to automatically advertise network-1 to ISP-B should ISP-A fail (which is exactly what those Cisco commands do). I have tried weighting the advertisements with prepends, but this is a problem because the "wrong" ISP picks up the non-prepend route via the IBGP **filtered** between the two Brocades.

Is there a way for Brocade (CER/NetIron) to do conditional BGP advertisements?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook