Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

6910 Reboots

Has anyone else seen issues with DC powered 6910s randomly rebooting?  I've got a few in the field with code version 2.0.2.7 that do this.  I'll be upgrading to 2.4.0.0 to see if this resolves the problem, but I don't see anything that references this in release notes.

Regular Visitor

Re: 6910 Reboots

[ Edited ]

We've got one that was running 2.0.2.7, now 2.3.0.8 that reboots randomly. Case has been going on for a while as we've already had one replacement. Haven't tried 2.4.0.0 yet (and brocade haven't mentioned it fixing any issues such as this) so please do let us know how you get on!

Edit: Should add, the one we're having the issue with is an AC powered 6910.

Occasional Contributor

So far, so good on the new code; however, it's only been five days.  Sometimes we will go months without a reboot, sometimes once a week.  I'll try to update this thread as I know more.

Occasional Contributor

I also have issues with them not passing traffic and needing a reboot to resolve.  This just happened on the new code over the holidays.  I've opened a case with TAC and will try to update here.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

TAC has reproduced my issue with the DC powered 6910 and is working on a solution.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook