Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

firmware download failures on VDX6740

Hi,  I am trying to download firmware on a VDX6740 from a redhat server. I can do ssh from the switch to the server as the user without any problems, however, when I try to run firmware download, it keeps failing. I am using scp for download. It seems to be having problems taking my passwd because I am seeing failed login attempts and my account keeps getting locked on the server. Here is what I see on the console when I run the firmware download.

Failed to access scp://twxxxxx:*********@10.xx.**filtered**.xx//home/twxxxx/nos5.0.0

Here is what I am doing to download firmware.

hostname# firmware download interactive
Server name or IP address: 10.xx.**filtered**.xx
File name: :/home/twxxxx/nos5.0.0
Protocol (ftp, scp, sftp): scp
User: twxxxxx
Password: **********
Reboot system after download? [y/n]:y
Do Auto-Commit after Reboot? [y/n]:y
Performing system sanity check...
The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid and the server supports SSH password authentication.

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong here.

Thanks

Moeen

Contributor

Re: firmware download failures on VDX6740

If anyone else runs into this issue, it worked with t simple passwd like abc123. It didn't work with more complex passwords. It will also not work with a passwd that has an @ in it.

Occasional Contributor

Re: firmware download failures on VDX6740

My issue was that I didn't have a default route on the rbridge so something like:

conf

int m 1/0

rb 1

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 [staticipaddressofmgmtport]

Once I did that I was able to connect to my FTP server.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook