Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

brocade firmware download

Hi there!

I have two BR-VDX6710-54-R and now i want to upgrade NOS to 4.1 - it is possible? Where i can download firmware? I ask for it on brocade support, but he's ignore me.

Brocade Moderator

Re: brocade firmware download

Hello,

The Target Path for VDX6710 is 4.1.3d as VDX 6710 can't run an OS beyond 4.1.x.

The Code can be downloaded through my.brocade.com. You will need to log in to be able to download the Code along with upgrade guide and Manuals.

Hope this helps addressing your concern.

Kind Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply! I had registered on my.brocade.com, but now how can i made support request?
When i try put my SN to "Get Access to Online Support Tools" in my profile - i get an error. And i can't contact to support. Any ideas?
Community Manager

Hi, can you please tell me the error you are getting?

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Martin

We don't have a matching serial number. Try again or contact Brocade support.

P.S. Serial from "show chassis".

Community Manager

Hello,

It sounds like you are using the Factory Serial Number listing from the "show chassis" output so it should be correct one. Is this the only VDX switch you have?  If you can register the product line with another VDX switch, that would grant the access.

Occasional Contributor

I have two BR-VDX6710-54-R, i using "Factory Serial Number", and in both cases i get "We don't have a matching serial number" :(
External Moderator

@who_care

is a maintenance contract active for this both switches ? it is mandatory in order to download firmware.

if yes, open a TAC and submit contract number and Prof of purchase,

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Antonio !
No, i haven't "maintenance contract". How much is that contract, and how i can get it?

External Moderator

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook