Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Vlag ignore can't apply to port-channel

My NOS version was 6.0 

when i was use vlag ignore command on port-channel then it display a error message

Brocade Moderator

Re: Vlag ignore can't apply to port-channel

Hi,

Can you include a copy of the error that you get?

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

ZX51B213-5R115_254.128(config-Port-channel-22)# vlag ignore-split
%%Error: Ignore-split is allowed only on dynamic and standard type LAG

that means  port-channel member must use dynamic LAG ?

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

The option vlag ignore-split is only relevant when using dynamic vLAG type as it alters the behaviour of LACP which is only used with dynamic LAG and is not used with Static LAG

When ignore-spilt-recovery is active, the RBridges will not change their actor SID when splitting or rejoining the vLAG.  This means that in the event of a failure of a single node the other side will not need to re-establish LACP

Hope this answers your questions

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.