Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

VDX6720 NOS version 2.1.1 to 4.1.2

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

We have a couple of Brocade VDX 6720-24P Switches running NOS version 2.0.1A. In order to upgrade them to a newer NOS version recommended path says to first upgrade them to NOS 2.1.1.

//Edit: Update question -  Is is possible to do a direct upload of the NOS version 4.1.2 onto the VDX 6720-24P which has NOS version 2.0.1A if disruption is not an issue? As these switches are only for lab purposes.

Sorry if this is a basic question, I usualy work with the ICX series and I'm still getting aquainted with the VDX line-up.

Appreciate if anyone could point out the right direction to find the same.

Cheers!

Contributor

Re: VDX6720 NOS version 2.1.1 to 4.1.2

No, the way is:
nos2.1.1
nos3.0.1b
nos4.0.1
nos4.1.3b
Regards
Jörg Kost
Community Manager

@broccb Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to gather some more information regarding your configuration so we can get you in touch with the correct group . I encourage you to continue to post in the community and let me know if there is any way I can help. Once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the community to help other members.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged program by clicking on the image below.

Thank you

Jason McClellan

Community Manager
@jasondmcclellan

TAC Engaged

New Contributor

@ & @cip_joerg

Sorry I could not reply earlier. I performed a stepwise upgrade as recommended by Brocade manuals & cip_joerg and was able to get the VDX6720 upto NOS 4.1.2. It running well now.

Thank you for your assistance!

Regards,

brocb

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook