Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

VDX 6720 and Emulex CNA

We're trying to put a new VMware based cluster config together.  It consists of an EMC VNX 5500, a couple of Brocade VDX 6720s, and a Dell M1000e chassis with M610s and the Emulex OCm10102-f-m CNA daughter card.  External connectivity is through Dell's 10GB pass thru card.  We're using the twinax SFP+ connections for the VDX to VDX and blade to VDX connections (fiber for the EMC connection).  I've got the VDXs talking to each other and the VDXs talking to the EMC.  I've even got the VDXs talking to a Cisco 2960G for regular IP connectivity out of the switch.  What I can't get going is the connection to the Emulex CNAs in the servers.   I can't even get Link on those connections.

Has anyone had any experience on using Twinax to connect a VDX to an Emulex CNA?   Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Re: VDX 6720 and Emulex CNA

Never mind.  It turned out to be an oops on our part.   The CNA daughter cards were in "slot B" on the server but the 10GB pass thru modules were placed in "slot C" of the chassis.  Once we got those two lined up everything started working well,  at least from an FCoE point of view.   I'll start a new discussion regarding VDX and Cisco connectivity.   Thanks!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook