Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

VDX 6720 LDAP Authentication

Greetings, i am somewhat new to networking and especially Brocade's NOS. We have ordered two VDX 6710's and Two VDX 6720's and have them setup in a test environment. We would like to setup LDAP Authentication on these with a few local accounts as backup. I am using the below commands with no luck in achieving this and was wondering if there is a way to specify what account the switch uses to log into the LDAP server to perform it's look-ups.

cipherset ldap

in global config mode.

ldap-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx basedn my.domain.com port 389 timeout 8 retries 3

ldap-server maprole group test role admin

aaa authentication login ldap local

i have searched the Network OS Administrators Guide v2.1.1 and searched the available commands on the switch itself to see if there was a way to specify a user account to log into the LDAP server with no luck. am i missing something? Thanks in advance for any help.

also, i am not familiar with any troubleshooting steps to see where any points of failure are on the switch side. any help there is also greatly appreciated.

Frequent Contributor

Re: VDX 6720 LDAP Authentication

Moved to Ethernet Fabric forum

thanks

Deepti

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook