Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

Reset password vdx 6720

[ Edited ]

I have two VDX 6720s. One I can login with root - fibranne. The other I tried all the documented passwords and nothing works.

Our production nfs/smb shares are connected to the 2 switches via their 10gige-agg-1 interfaces each with one leg on each switch.

I have no idea how to manage these brocade switches. They are different from anything I have ever come across before.

I am OK with cisco commandline. I am a linux expert. I was hoping for one of the 2 scenarios.

1.) bring the switch up some other way so that I can change the password.

2.) I could get the configuration from the switch I can log into modify the ip address and copy it while resetting the switch I can not log into.

I'm hoping that because of how the Isilon is connected with each one having a leg on each switch that I will be able to do either of these methods without bringing down my nfs/smb.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Reset password vdx 6720

Hi,

Password recovery is detailed in previous post

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Switches-Routers/Recovering-lost-password-in-VDX-6720/td-p/27951

Thanks

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you

https://community.brocade.com/dtscp75322/attachments/dtscp75322/ethernetswitches/1754/1/NOS_Password_Recovery_Notes.pdf

worked like a champ.

I was surprised it worked with a cisco cable. So it uses the cisco piout for RJ45 to DB9

I accidently set the single user boot password (before reading(I was using standard troublshooting methods before I got an answer) I tried option 2 for the recovery password) would you know how to remove the password.

It wasn't set and asked for one

Maybe I just need to reboot and reenter option 2 and maybe I can reset it to nothing? 

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

The option to remove Boot PROM password is also covered in the same document (final section)

https://community.brocade.com/dtscp75322/attachments/dtscp75322/ethernetswitches/1754/1/NOS_Password_Recovery_Notes.pdf

Hopefully this should solve your problem

Thanks

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook