Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

High-Performance Extension over FCIP/FC license

Hi

I have  Brocade 7500E router's both at primary and DR site. I want to configure HUR. Engineer from SUN is of the view that

"High-Performance Extension over FCIP/FC license" is mandatory for HUR. Is there any way i can start replication without this license..

Regards

Pawan Dalmia

Super Contributor

Re: High-Performance Extension over FCIP/FC license

Yes, FCIP  license is required for HUR.

But when you bought it the following Licenses should be included, otherwise why did u buy that:

FCIP7500_FAB1:user> licenseshow
cSzSzcSQRzdT0T0x:
    Web license
RRSz9QeRbcSST0Ah:
    Zoning license
SQczQyQbSyTRd0RG:
    Fabric license
b9bbez9zcecAccfc:
    Extended Fabric license
zydbcbd9z07gcdB:
    High-Performance Extension over FCIP/FC license
    IPSEC license
==============================================================================================================

Also mandatory is 2 way link as HUR is asynchronus and a pull technology unlike TC, which is a push technology

You can not start replication without FCIP license, whether it is HITACHI's HUR/TC or EMC's SRDF or IBM's Global Mirror

New Contributor

Do this license also come bundled in Brocade 7500 router also.. Apart from FCIP Tunnel is there any other way of replicating the data..

Vendor have done mistake while  configuaring the same. In short is there ant way i can startreplication without License..

Super Contributor

Usually while purchasing 7500, you should have asked for FCIP license, 7500 supports FCR and FCIP.I think the sales person has not provided you. It does not come in bundle, unless you have asked for the same.In HITACHI replication is done by True Copy sync/async and HUR async.It depends on RPO/RTO of the organization and the distance.

So as u said, u have HITACHI storage, you need TC/HUR for replication and when u have 7500. For that u need FCIP license to create FCIP tunnel.

For more details about replication, pls contact ur HITACHI people, they can guide you .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook