Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

FCoE switch for HP Bladesystem

Hello ,

i would like to buy FCoE switch for my HP c-class blade systems (with mezzanines) ,  i really don't see any sense in buying "old" FC switch for new c-class bladesystems

when brocade will make such a switch avaible for custormers ?

Regards

Eli

Occasional Contributor

Re: FCoE switch for HP Bladesystem

Hi,

Brocade FCoE switches will be available from OEMs starting end of May 2009. We expect that customers will be able to order the product from OEMs starting June 2009.

Thanks,

Ahmad.

Occasional Contributor

Hi

you are talking about FCoE switches that are top of the rack or about switches for HP c-class blade system ?

there is a big difference . Hp silent about they support for FCoE

i don't want to buy classic FC switches for c-class blade system  http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/saninfrastructure/switches/b8gbsscblade/index.html   ) and to replace them with new switches in one more year or less

Regards

Eli

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was talking about availability of FCoE top of rack switches. I need to find out about the timeline for blade switches for HP C-class and get back to you on that early next week.

Regards,

Ahmad.

External Moderator

FCoE Blade Switches for "Blade Server Center" like HP, IBM or DELL, will be Launch / available by the OEM End 2009 !

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thank you

Gonna wait until end of the year before next switch upgrade/buy deal

my account manager at HP will be very disappointed

Regards

Eli

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook