Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

Occasional Contributor

Commiting to Underlying Data Store failed when performing "no shut"

Hi,

Anyone have this problem before, saw some old article that this message only appear when issue "no attach vlan"

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Fabric-VDX-CNA/Commiting-to-Underlying-Data-Store-failed/td-p/58286

But right now, it prompt when issue "no shut" command at interface level.

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Commiting to Underlying Data Store failed when performing "no shut"

Hi,

Which version of NOS are you running?

This message can be caused by a number of problems, often the underlying problem is that the disk partition is full.

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is running on 6.0.1a
Yes, you are right the dis is full:
1930006528 bytes total (0 bytes free)
How should I delete file in particular rb, from the master it show there is free space, only slave is 0 bytes.

That rb was no much file inside:

IOKL-6740T-48-RB3# dir
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 4096 Nov 16 2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Apr 14 2015 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 557 Sep 16 2015 defaultconfig.novcs
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 778 Sep 16 2015 defaultconfig.vcs

IOKL-6740T-48-RB3# df
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 1.8G 1.8G 0 100% /
none 0 0 0 - /proc
none 0 0 0 - /sys
none 0 0 0 - /dev/pts
none 0 0 0 - /tmp
/dev/sda1 1.8G 659M 1.1G 38% /mnt

Please advice

Occasional Contributor

Was tried issue the "clear support", still the disk space is 0:
IOKL-6740T-48-RB3# dir
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 4096 Nov 16 2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Apr 14 2015 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 557 Sep 16 2015 defaultconfig.novcs
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 778 Sep 16 2015 defaultconfig.vcs

Broadcom Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You will need to identify the files which are occupying disk space then delete, this could be DEFECT000508197

You will need to log into root, once in root, you could use Linux command du to identify the disk space occupied by each directory then narrow down to find where disk space is being consumed.

I would suggest that it may be wise to ask for Brocade TAC assistance to resolve this problem

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Unable to open the link.
BTW, hv request TAC to look into it.
Frequent Contributor

Hello @lieweffect

I'm glad you opened a TAC case - hopefully you are receiving the help you need from them!

I am concerned that you couldn't open the link that Mick sent you. Were you logged into MyBrocade or Community at the time? If you are not logged in, you wouldn't be able to see it. Another reason might be that you don't have access to our Knowledge Base (KB) as the link should've brought you to the KB search results for that particular defect.

If the issue is KB access, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with someone that can help!

Best Regards,

Denise K.

Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have logged in but still can't see the link.
Broadcom Moderator

Hi,

Agreed for some reason the link does not work for me unless I already have the page open in another tab, if you log into my.brocade and then go to Knowledge Base you can then search directly for the defect ID DEFECT000508197

Regards

Mick

Frequent Contributor

Hi @lieweffect

Did Mick's instructions work for you? If not, please let me know and I'll have someone contact you to help you gain access to KB.

Regards,

Denise

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook